Communicating effectively can be more than a one person job, so working together is crucial! That's why Text In Church offers your team one central hub to send and receive text messages.
We understand that while you can certainly have many helpers in your Text In Church account, they may not need access to your entire account. With user permissions, you can limit your account users to access specific phone numbers, as well as viewing and sending messages only to contacts in the groups they have access to.
There are two permission levels within your Text In Church Account: Admin and user.
- Admin: This level of user will have access to all 10-digit phone numbers on the account, groups, people, and messages, as well as the ability to assign permissions to other users. Admin level users are the only users allowed to create groups, edit billing information, or make changes to the subscription. You can set an unlimited number of users to be Admins.
- User: This level of user will only have access to the 10-digit phone numbers and groups set by an Admin level user. Users will only be able to view and interact with these groups, the people within these phone numbers, groups, and messages received from people inside these groups. You can set an unlimited number of users to have access to any of your phone numbers or groups.
Adding a New Account User
- Sign in to Text In Church and click the ‘Settings’ section to view the ‘Account Overview’ tab
- On the right side of the page, within the “Account Users” heading, click the + (plus) symbol
- Fill out the form with your account user’s information.
- Check the “User is Admin” box to grant this user “Admin” level permissions, which would give them access to all phone numbers and groups.
- Click the “Search groups” box to open the drop down of groups and click the group names to grant this user access to specific groups.
- Click the “please select” box to open the drop down of numbers and click the phone numbers to gran this user access to specific numbers.
- At the bottom of the page, click the blue “Save” button
This user will then receive an email to create a password to sign into the account.
Here’s a GIF that can walk you through the process as well!
Learn More About Account Users and Permission Levels
Need to edit an existing Account User’s permission levels or group access? Click here for a step by step tutorial!
If you need to remove an Account User or Admin from your account, click here to learn more.
This article can walk you through setting up additional phone numbers for your account.
Still have questions? No worries, we’re always happy to help! Send us a chat message or email our Member Success team at firstname.lastname@example.org