We utilize a 10-digit phone number in your account so you can build personal connections with your people. The testing and research we have conducted found that folks in a church setting are are more accepting and trusting of a local, 10-digit phone number than a short code.
Sending your messages from your 10 digit local number helps build trust and relationships with your people with 2-way communication. After all, 45% of text messages are responded to and the long code is the only way for people to respond back to you in a personal way!
Short codes were designed for companies to be able to send text messages to large groups of people without being filtered by phone carriers. Because of this, oftentimes short codes can have a stigma that they are spammy or sales-y. Additionally, we want our platform to help build personal connections with your people.
The true power of text messaging is to interact with people in a personal and intimate way. The goal is to reach people and build relationships outside of our church walls. To keep the conversation going... you need to have a local phone number for your people to interact with.
There are other great benefits to having a 10-digit phone number:
- You can have meaningful two-way communication.
- Gathering guest information
- Providing targeted, relevant content
- Alert notifications and simple reminders
- They can save that number in their contacts so that when they get a message from you it will show up as such, not as some random number
- A 10-digit number means that you can have easy to use and unique keywords. Short codes have to share keywords because other people and churches are sharing the same short code.