How to Import Contacts
It has never been easier to import your contacts. To get started, sign into the Website version of Text In Church, click on the “People” tab, and then select the CSV import button!
- Click on “Browse” in the Choose File field.
- Select the group you want these contacts to go in, or make no group selection to have these contacts simply loaded to the “People” section.
- Check the box saying you have permission to contact these people.
- Click “Process File”
- Match up your column headers with our fields in Text In Church. Note: You can only use a field once
- Click “Upload File”
Your contacts will begin to upload to your account! If there are any errors with any contacts, the confirmation page will tell you what line of the CSV file has an error.
One thing to note… TIC doesn’t allow duplicates. So, if you are trying to import an email or mobile phone number that is already in use for another contact in the system, it will not create a second record for this person. However, if you have selected this spreadsheet to be added to a group, it will find the person record that matches the email/mobile number and simply add them to the group.
How to Export Contacts
With a few clicks, you can download a spreadsheet of contacts directly from your Text In Church account. This is a great tool for quickly loading your data into a Church Management System or database.
To get started, sign into the Website version of Text In Church, click on the “Settings” tab, and then select the “Export Data” section!
- Click the drop down menu to Select a group to export only the contacts from that group. Make no selection from the drop down menu to export all contacts.
- Click the blue “Export” button
Your contacts will then download into a CSV file that can be uploaded to another database, opened in Excel, or printed and saved for your records.
Learn More About Managing Your Contacts
Need to combine two contacts into one profile? This article can walk you through the process, step by step!
Click here to learn more about bulk actions and sorting contact records in People.
Still have questions? No worries, we’re always happy to help! Send us a chat message or email our Member Success team at email@example.com