A keyword is a specific word you assign to a specific group within Text in Church that serves as an entry point. Think of it like a secret password… only you want everyone to know about it!
Whenever someone texts in one of your keywords to your 10-digit Text In Church phone number, they are automatically added into the corresponding group and will receive any Keyword Automated Reply that you have set for this group!
You can only have one keyword per group and that keyword can only be used once per 10-digit phone number in your account. Learn more about using multiple phone numbers here!
Here are some things you want to know about keywords:
- Your keyword must be one word with no spaces or punctuation, like "loop" or "welcome"
- There are a few words that won't work because they are part of the system; "Start", "Yes", "Unstop", "StopAll", Stop", "Unsubscribe", "End", "Quit", "Help", "Info", and "Cancel"
- You can use the same keyword for multiple groups, but each group must be assigned to a different phone number.
- Keywords are NOT case sensitive; "Welcome" and "welcome" are the same keyword.
- You can’t have other characters in with the keyword message like a signature or extra characters like ! or :) or a space. The system will think it is just a message and will place the message in your inbox, not the group.
You can see your keyword for any group by clicking on the specific group tab in the Groups section.
Inside the specific group tab you will see the keyword listed at the top.
You can also edit the keyword and what phone number is associated with this keyword within the group settings.
Click the gray pencil in the upper right and you will then be taken to a page where you can make changes to the keyword, the phone number associated with this keyword, and the Keyword Automated Reply Message.
Learn more about using other Group features:
Click here to learn more about your keyword automated reply and enabling your digital connection card!
Want to learn more about sending automated messages when a person joins your group? Check out this collection on Automated Workflows.
Learn about granting access to only specific groups with user permissions by checking out this article.
Here’s how to set up a staff alert email or text to go out when a connection card is completed for your group.
Still have questions? No worries, we’re always happy to help! Send us a chat message or email our Member Success team at firstname.lastname@example.org.