You can edit a keyword within your group at anytime. But remember that you can only use a keyword once in your account, that is the systems way of knowing which specific group to add the person to when they text in.
To get to your keyword for your group you will need to first click on Groups tab and then select the group you wish to change the keyword on and click the group name.
From there you will see your group overview page that will show you your current keyword. To edit it click the edit (pencil) icon in the top right corner.
Then you can simply click on the SMS keyword field, enter a new keyword and then hit the Save Group button.
Things to remember about keywords:
- Keep it short and sweet! Having long, complex words will not encourage people to text in. The system only allows up to 9 characters for the keyword.
- You cannot use symbols in the keyword.
- Capitalization is not as important as spelling. For example, Welcome and welcome will be the same. Wehlkum...not so much ;)
- There shouldn't be any other characters in the initial text besides the keyword. For example, if the keyword is "Welcome" and someone puts "welcome please" or "welcome!" the system won't be able to recognize it.
- There are a few words that you cannot use: STOP, START and INFO
- You cannot have the same keyword for multiple groups. One keyword per group also.
- We don't recommending using 2 word phrases for keywords (example: MensGroup) as some might include a space which would not register.