Text in Church allows you to set up a specific word that can be sent via text to your TIC phone number, which will automatically add a person to the corresponding group. We call this feature the keyword. You can only have one keyword per group and that keyword can be only used once in your system. This allows for automatic entry to a group anytime it is texted into your account number.
Here are some things you may need to know about keywords:
- Your keyword must be one word with no spaces or punctuation like "loop" or "welcome".
- There are three words that won't work because they are a part of the system; they are, "Start", "Yes", "Unstop", "StopAll", Stop", "Unsubscribe", "End", "Quit", "Help", "Info", and "Cancel"
- Keywords are NOT case sensitive "Welcome" and "welcome" are the same keyword.
- You cannot have the same keyword for multiple groups
- You must not have other characters in with the keyword message like a signature or extra characters like ! or :) The system will think it is just a message and not place them in the group.
You can see your keyword for any group by clicking on the specific group tab in the Groups section.
Inside the specific group tab you will see the keyword listed at the top.
You can also edit the keyword settings within the group settings.